Thursday, December 4, 2008

New Music

One of my greatest joys is discovering new songs and artists that feed my inner muse. It's almost a sickness. I start out on Pandora (if you haven't discovered pandora yet, you need to. Type in an artist you like and it will play artists that have a similar style and sound. LOVE it!) Once I find an artist I like there, I go to iTunes and listen to clips from an album. If the album passes inspection, I head over to Ruckus to download it so I can listen to the entire song. Then, if I REALLY like it, I go back to iTunes and download it to my ipod. See, its a sickness.

So in an effort to give myself something to write about other than work or the cat, I've decided to start posting about the new music I've discovered that week. Take a listen and let me know what you think! (aka Leave comments please!)

This week I'm being haunted by the song Samson by Regina Spektor. It's a beautifully haunting song--the type that you're afraid to stop listening to in case the melody falls out of your head. While I was looking online for the lyrics, I found an amusing chat about "what the words mean." Some people were certain it was about Sampson and Delilah, while others were certain it was Regina writing about her desire to find a man who would trust her enough to let her cut his hair. HA! I thinks its a beautifully redone version of the Sampson and Delilah story--not biblical, but still a VERY beautiful song. Hope you like it!

(I'm working on getting a music player on our blog. I'll get there someday. =0)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hey Emily. This is Melanie (Reed) from good ol Skyline High. Anyways, I just stumbled onto your page and I wanted to say. I hope all is well.