Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The State of Things

I haven't updated the blog in a long.....LONG......time. A lot of very wonderful stuff has happened to us since the last time I wrote: We bought a house, Kurt got a raise, my bro-in-law came home from Afghanistan, my sister got pregnant, Kurt's bro got engaged. Lots of wonderful, wonderful things! But there in lies the problem.

Kurt and I have been trying to have a baby since September. Not a long time in the grand scheme of things, but I was starting to feel discouraged. Especially since it felt like in every blog and Facebook page I read someone was announcing they were pregnant. And I desperately wanted to be able to announce that too, that I just stopped writing altogether. But no longer....

I am thrilled beyond belief to announce that our very own little bundle of joy will be joining us in October! Wahoo! We're 13 weeks along and I feel great! Aside from some back pain and one day of naseua, its been a smooth ride. I am so incredibly excited to be starting this new adventure. God has blessed us abundantly this year and I'm so thankful!

5 comments:

Jake and Jill Denbrook said...

And she's back! Um and not everyone is announcing they're pregnant. The 42 5 year olds I currently have are momentarily enough for me. :) Love you guys!

stevie kay said...

Congratulations. Since September might not be long in the whole scheme of things, but I'm sure it was an eternity for you guys. I'm so very happy for you and I know you'll make a wonderful mother!

Holly McCollister said...

Congratulations Emily. While it is "old news" for you I just read that you're having a baby. So very happy for you. You'll be a wonderful mom. Love to you. Holly

Chelsea said...

Congratulations!!!!!

sportyrls said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys : )